Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Meet Fred

Mom's Note:  She sent this on 11 April 2017.

Hello Everyone! I hope that everyone is having a wonderful day! These past few weeks have been interesting, not quite Louisiana interesting, but missionary interesting. I learned how to do the "missionary stretch" or as I call it the "Elder Stretch." Basically you just stretch up your arms and do some funny stretches. Sister S, who informed us on this, said that we can eat a solid 3-5 more bites of food this way! I'm not sure if it's the most healthy thing to do, but it kind of works lol.

We got a Bible referral, but they went uncontacted for a few weeks because they were sent to the wrong sisters, so we went down there and tracted her street. But this was no ordinary street! It was full of wonderful people who were really willing to hear the gospel! One sister was just released from the hospital that day after a bad car accident, so we went back the next day and helped her wash her hair. I didn't know that it took so many products to straighten hair "naturally." It was funny because long story short, my companion bleached my hair blond. I was really worried at first because it was so different, but it is growing on me and completely changed the chemistry of my hair (for very good reasons). 

Last P-day, we went to Bass Pro Shop, and we meet Fred, a ginormous Alligator Snapping Turtle. We also ran into another set of missionaries investigator who invited us to his church. Then we also ran into another 2 members of the church who had meet when i was serving in Amite. One of them was celebrating her last day of work before she started her mission. 


Love you all!!! 
Sister Toomey


P.S HAPPY EASTER!!!!



Bass Pro Shop. I tried to give a pass a long card to a manican.




Baton Rouge at night. This guys has good friends who didn't let him drive home himself. I still don't know how I feel about it, but it's hilarious.





No comments:

Post a Comment