Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Crawfish, Red Beans, and Beignets

2016Apr25- I finally got to eat a crawfish

2016Apr25- I finally got to eat a crawfish

2016Apr25- Sister Crane & I

2016Apr25- we got 3 new investigators nearly in a row

2016Apr25- funny scripture in Jacob 44 because it starts with For.... It may be a funny scripture, but it means a lot!
Sister Crane and I feel so blessed to have such amazing people to teach!We went tracting on this street, and I didn't think that anyone would want to hear our message there, but we got 3 new investigators nearly in a row who are now taking our lessons. I was shocked! Also, while in one of our first return appointments, we brought the Relief Society President with us. She needed some persuading, but I felt like I should really give her effort, and she agreed to come. The investigator, S, really like the RS pres. and I think that this new approach will really increase our missionary efforts. I find that many people pray and read every day, but they don't come to church, so I think that having members come with us to our lessons, especially from the beginning, will get them to come to church and help them to stay active. 

I finally got to eat a crawfish. I was a little nervous at first, but thank you to C, I got it out of it's shell and ate it. FYI, the claws taste better than the tail. hahaha. It was pretty good. I was not much of a "seafood" person before, but I am getting there. Also, red beans are good. Beignets kind of taste like one of my BYU-Idaho's roommates "ghetto donuts" haha. 

I found a funny scripture in Jacob 4:4 because it starts with "For...". It may be a funny scripture, but it means a lot! It has a lot of doctrine in it concerning Hope. Hope is so important for us because it allows us to have faith in Jesus Christ and his prophets. A lot of people, here in the Bible Belt seem to already LOVE Jesus and they know that Heavenly Father exists, but they do not all know that Heavenly Father is loving and want to seem them all succeed. He is not out to get you, Satan is. And Jesus Christ shows His love for us through Prophets, who are here to guide us.  

I love Y'all! 
Sister Toomey






No comments:

Post a Comment