Friday, June 17, 2016

General Authorities

General Authorities really are amazing, and they truly do bless the lives of those whom they serve. This week, the New Orleans Zone had the special opportunity to have a meeting with him and his wife. He came, with only one thing on his agenda, and the rest was a Question and Answer session. We spend about 7 hours (felt like 7 minutes) with him discussing only several questions. And it was one of the best experiences of my life. I felt that having Elder Kapiska come specifically to my Zone, was truly a blessing from the Lord.

One of the things that stood out to me, was how he said that it is better to act on 99 "promptings" and be wrong, than to miss the 1. Because those 99 things that you acted on show your faith, and it shows that you are willing to act. I have found, that finding that 1 is truly a blessing, and I have found that those 1's really are worth it, and they do add up, and it is so worth it, especially when you look back at the end of your day, and you just know that helping to guide someone back on the "right path" is the best feeling in the world.

We (meaning my companion and I) went on splits with the Kenner Spanish Sisters. It was exciting. I tried to learn a few phrases in Spanish, and then we went to a lesson, and read the phrases in Spanish. They really liked it, and appreciated the effort lol! I think that it is so cool for people to hear the gospel in their native tongue, and I know that it soften hearts, and allows the Spirit to give them peace and understanding. I learned that if you listen and watch extremely carefully, then you can figure-out what they are saying and see the peace that it brings to them.

Also, does anyone have a crepe recipe??

God Bless Y'all!
Sister Toomey

2016Jun20- NOLA Zone with President and Sister Hansen, and the Kapiska's

2016Jun20- biking

No comments:

Post a Comment