Wednesday, November 9, 2016

I'm a little time crunched right now

Mom's Note: She sent this on 1 Nov 2016.

I'm a little time crunched right now, because we told a member of the church, who hadn't been to church in a very long time, that we would play basketball with her and all of the other missionaries in Hammond. So here is a bunch of pictures with some explanations of what has been happening here in Louisiana:

-The only place that I have seen in America, where the fire danger is low.
-My companion wanted to make cookies, and she blew the outlets in the kitchen with the mixer, so she unplugged it, and went into her clean bathroom and continued mixing. It was also the night of her first hard Louisiana rain storm.
-I saw both of my MTC companions at the Zone meeting and I didn't think that would ever happen it was a 1 in (4x4x4) 64 chance. 
-Also, in our zone, there is are 2 other "To" sisters, Sister Toner and Sister To'o [Too] and I was not going to miss that opportunity to have a picture with some awesome missionaries who have a similar last name to mine. 

This week, we have been chasing people down, only one was literally, and for others, we have been using out missionary skills to the MAX. We have spent a lot of time doing addiction recovery and the stop smoking workshop. We have set goals and have great plans for these people. We went tracting in a trailor park, and we had a lot of lessons within the hour or two that we had there. 

The past few weeks, I have been reading in 3rd Nephi, and wow! It's crazy to see how far some of the people go before they repent, and there is so much gray space, and it always goes downhill from there, then the prophets/missionaries go and call them to repentance, and then they prosper, then...there is this huge pride circle going on, just read the Book of Mormon and you will understand it. But what I wanted to point out, was that even the smallest things, or acts of rebellion, offend God, and if you think that you can repent later, you can, but it is going to be VERY HARD and is not worth it. To quote someone whom I cannot remember, "wickedness never was happiness." 

Anyways, stay on the strait and narrow path! Happy November & I love y'all!!

Sister Toomey

The only place that I have seen in America, where the fire danger is low.

My companion wanted to make cookies, and she blew the outlets in the kitchen with the mixer

I saw both of my MTC companions at the Zone meeting

I saw both of my MTC companions at the Zone meeting

No comments:

Post a Comment