Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Fall Fest

This past week, we have been working hard to keep our investigators progressing. We have been teaching M, and we taught him the Plan of Salvation. We figured that it would be a more spiritual environment to teach him at the church, so we drove our car to his house. Parked it. Then walked to the church with him. We carried our little 2x3' white board and drew on it like a time line. It helped him to really understand it. Now we just need to figure out how to use the white board for the Addiction Recovery Program. He also came to church for the 4th time! We still have a ways to go, but I am really excited to be apart of it! I hope that I don't  get transferred next week. Also, I wont be emailing until Tuesday

Yesterday, was the annual Primary Program, and we had 63 people at church!!!!!! The branch almost doubled! and we had to bless the sacrament twice to give it to everyone. It was the best problem ever! One of the members, brought their non-member niece with them, and even though she didn't even know any of the songs, she still joined all of the little kids on the stand and sung with them. They had poser-board with the words written on it for the kids :) I love those good-ole days ðŸ’˜

On Saturday, we had  the branch's annual Fall Fest consisting of a hog roast cajan style, a hay ride pulled by a tractor, gumbo, lots of other southern food, and games, and we had investigators come with their friends, and it was awesome! 

And now, I am sitting in Southeaster University's Library with my district emailing y'all. 

This past week, has just been great! and I hope that everyone has a Happy Halloween! also, know that missionaries are not allowed to go tracting on Halloween night. There have been people who dress up as missionaries and rob people. So know, that it is not them. 

Two days ago, it dropped from the 90's to the 60's and I am freezing! The humidity really does make things cold! I will miss the heat. Luckily, I get to stay out for 2 summers and only 1 winter!! I hope that everyone stays safe this week!

Love you! 

Sister Toomey

No comments:

Post a Comment