Thursday, March 2, 2017

Mardi Gras!!

I hope that y'all have a happy Mardi Gras tomorrow! I have seen a lot of out of staters driving around! We went to a family-friendly parade last week and it was da bomb.com! We were drentched with rain and had beads chucked at our faces! It is something I would definetly love to do again! I knew it was going to be good as soon as I saw the BR Temple Matron and President show up! It's a small world in Louisiana as a member of the church and I am pretty sure that he knows every member and their family history :)
My Mission President and his wife came up to our branch to speak. I told him about a 8 person family who committed to be baptized but didn't have a way to church, so he volunteered to go pick them up. Because everyone was running late, I went on exchanges with him, while Sister Hyer went with Sister Hansen. When we got to their house, one of the girls answered the door and she said that everyone was asleep, so I offered to take them in their pajamas and she declined. So went to the church and people had apparently thought that I was transferred, so we set that straight. Then I found out that I am not teaching Gospel Principle anymore. For several months, I had been teaching it more like a discussion and it was weird not completely leading it anymore. A newly assigned Senior office Elder was assigned to our branch and is now teaching the class.
Afterwards, we went tracting in a nice neighborhood and meet a Jehovah Witness. She accepted our pass-a-long card and we made an appointment with her. Down the street, we meet another guy, also a JW, and about 10 minutes later, he came up to us in his car, and he gave us one of his JW pamphlets. Idk, but it was just really funny how he was trying to convert us. Also, it was intesting how some people here just don't want to believe that there could be a modern prophet here on the earth. But, it didn't. I know with all my heart, that there is a modern prophet here on the earth today, and his name is President Thomas S. Monson. He is as qualified a Moses, or Adam. He teaches the same Doctrine as Jesus Christ and that this Church was started by Jesus Christ himself.

I hope that yall have an awesome week! 
Sister Toomey 

My companion and I after a mardi gras parade

T's Birthday party with Sister Hyer and W!

I found a street named Kent's Acres and thought that it might be funny to get a picture of the sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment