Monday, March 13, 2017

PRAIRIEVILLE!!!!

This last week, I packed up everything I own and moved to Prairieville, Louisiana. Guys! I have a ward!!! You have to fight to get a seat in church!! It's the best problem ever! It's like going to a crowded stake conference! I didn't know that this existed in Louisiana! And our building shares a parking lot with the Baton Rouge Temple! It's beautiful! I didn't think that I would ever go to church right next to the temple! My new Companion, Sister Nelson, is from New Hampshire! She looks kind of like Lorde, the singer and is only 1 transfer ahead of me! I will hit my year mark this week, and I am considered on of the older missionaries, and i'm not even 20 yet lol!

We only have 1 investigator, and I know that it is going to grow! My companion has been sick most of this week, so I have read a lot of scriptures, especially Isaiah, which I have been working on for a few months now, but I haven't really gotten to much of it until now. I have also been reading more of the Doctrine and Covenants, which I haven't really studied until my mission. I suggest reading D & C 88-89 for some deep doctrine. Section 89 is for how to be healthy, not only food wise, but lifestyle wise. I bought a box of ruffle shape pasta with marinara sauce to eat for lunch and dinner and it has lasted alot longer than it should had. It kind of reminded me of the loaves and fishes story in Matthew. 

For if you want to watch a short video about it:

Anyways,  I love you! have a safe St. Patricks day! 

Sister Toomey

No comments:

Post a Comment