Tuesday, September 13, 2016

CPR

Sister Bell taught me this new saying that she had learned in the MTC:

Church
Pray
Read the Scriptures

and these are the key ways to not only save your life, but to save your soul. SOS! I have noticed that the moment that anyone stops doing any one of these things, is the very moment that they go inactive =>never stop! 

Life is exciting, and our investigators thrill me to the very being of my soul. I love these people! 

We have been continuing 'to weed out' our "Potential Investigators" and I have been praying that it will be very easy for me to tell whether or not so and so is ready and interested; and it really has been working. 

Also, something just popped into my head concerning goals: "I am so thoroughly convinced that if we don't set goals in our life and learn how to master the techniques of living to reach our goals, we can reach a ripe old age and look back on our life only to see that we reached but a small part of our full potential. When one learns to master the principles of setting a goal, he will then be able to make a great difference in the results he attains in this life." -Elder M. Russell Ballard 1981 (or PMG pg. 146). I know that if we make goals that can be measured, then these goals can achieved, especially if we allow the Lord to head it, and make the Holy Ghost the "senior companion."  There is literally no one else who I would rather have to head it. 

I hope that y'all have had just as awesome of a week!
Love ya!
Sister Toomey 
The District. Being an English-speaking Sister Missionary is very rare in New Orleans.

The District after playing "Signs" and each missionary signaling their 'sign'
 

No comments:

Post a Comment