Thursday, September 22, 2016

Take Me To Church!

So, I just found out that I am going to be transferred after nearly 6 months in Luling. Where I am going, to quote Moroni, "I know not," but I do know that I am going to be training a new missionary, and I am going to an area, that has only had Elders in the past, and the Branch President has been asking for Sisters, so we will be "doubling in" and opening up the sisters area. Idk how much this will be from scratch, but I am absolutely thrilled and I feel honored to do this!! and tomorrow, I will be going to Baton Rouge to get my new companion!! Now I can finally see what all the Baton Rouge chaos has been about. 

I seriously love these people, and I am going to miss them, but the Lord wants me in other places, sobeit. 

This week, we gave out a lot more Book of Mormons than usual. We took out out Branch Missionary, but the appointment fell through, so we went tracting at this apartment complex in Bridge City, because it was the only thing that popped into my head of where to go with Branch Missionary, and I knew that we would for sure have at least one or more lessons. We ended up teaching 3 lessons within the hour we had with Him, and these people seem rather promising. I'm glad that he now likes tracting :) (he is planning on serving a mission in the near future). One of the people that we taught was from Porto Rico, and luckily he knew English, and I happened to know the details of the nearby spanish ward. Many of the people that we talk to, just go the the local church, and they just go to which ever preacher they like the most. 

Here is an awesome video, especially loved by recent convert, A:

Also, something I just remembered: Sister Bell and I were teaching at the English and Spanish zone conference in New Orleans, and we talked about inviting people to church. I have come to the conclusion, that people are mostly like to come to church, if a member extends the commitment, because they are always going to be there, and will have that automatic friendship. So what you can do, is invite all of your friends to church. You will never know if they are interested unless you ask them. I can't tell you how many people who I have run into, and they are surrounded by members of other various churches, and they are looking for a new church, but no one ever invites them. Feel free to email me how it goes :) 

I love y'all and take care! 

Sister Toomey

No comments:

Post a Comment