Monday, January 23, 2017

It's December!!

Mom's Note: she sent this on 13 Dec 2016.

Hey Y'all!! Today was transfer call day, and I found out that I get the opportunity to stay in Amite for another 6 weeks!! But...I'm getting a new companion. Sister Scott has officially finished training and will transferred to another part of Louisiana.  I got to Skype my family's wedding and finally get to meet my new siblings. 

In case you lost my address(It's starting to get pretty cold here + 100% humidity *cough cough*)🎅🐪🐊
10453 Pinelands Dr. Apt. A
Amite, LA 70422

This week we have spent a lot of time finding. We meet a teenager who told us that he wanted to be a Pastor when he was older. I told him that he could do that in our church. I didn't tell him that all callings are unpaid or anything. I gave him a Restoration pamphlet and told him to read it, and if he was still interested, then to give us a call. The strange thing about being here in the Bible Belt is that being a Pastor is actually a career, outside of our church. If I had to guess there are probably 2-3x as many churches than stores in Louisiana. 

We started to teach a 9 year old, L, and she loves church and everything! She will probably be baptized in the next few months. 

One family tradition that I always loved was reading the 12 days of Christmas with my family! Below is a nice link to one of the many different scriptures that you could read. This one is different from the one that I grew up reading, but it still is pretty awesome! 


I love all of you!

Sister Toomey

No comments:

Post a Comment